This class is especially designed for Doulas needing their DONA or other certification breastfeeding requirement. This is more than just a regular breastfeeding class but presented to doulas by a doula who is also an IBCLC in private practice. This class is also above basics and presented in a fun and engaging way for the birth professional.
- Friday Night April 13th
From 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Sign up ASAP, as there is limited room…only room for 6!!
Get 4 plus hours of informative breastfeeding instruction taught by a trained and experienced doula, childbirth educator, Liscensed Massage Therapist, Cranial Sacral Therapist and an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, IBCLC. Included is a potluck dinner and networking with other doulas
- Topics Discussed:
- Proper latch and position techniques
- Why do women have sore nipples and how to over come that on day one.
- Discuss how birth practices interfere with breastfeeding and how to get through the rough periods.
- Know what is normal and what is not.
- What is fact or fiction
- Advice for how to help your clients after the delivery.
- These classes are specifically arranged for expectant couples or for doulas needing a 3.0 hour lactation education course for DONA Doula certification. This class is specifically tailored for those seeking DONA certification, recertification as a birth or post partum doula and just need a refresher in basic breastfeeding. I have increased the time frame of this class due to past comments and feedback.
- For Those Who Register: You will receive a welcome registration letter within a few days after registering for this breastfeeding class. Currently, the class is held at my home in my South Jordan home. Any questions, please contact the class instructor Julie Johnson at 801-608-8947.
- Click here to register.
For Parents: If you are expecting and needing this class for your own personal information, please contact me for a private class at my Murray office location at Family First Chiropractic for $85.00 or join us for the Doula Breastfeeding Class for $40.00. If Aetna is your insurance than there is no charge. It’s not like your ordinary breastfeeding class. Come join in on the fun.