8 hours of specific lactation training for post-partum Doulas.
Anyone is welcome to attend and participate but we will put an emphasis on those serving breastfeeding families on a regular basis.
- Receive a breastfeeding manual
- Learn the basics and beyond
- Know when to refer out
- Understand your scope of practice
- Help new moms keep their breastfeeding goals
- Be able to educate on the normalcy of breastfeeding
- Causes of sore nipples, mastitis and engorgement and treatments
- How to help a reluctant mom to breastfeed who is tired and worn out
- And much, much more!
NEW ADDITION: follow an IBCLC for a day and see what your role as a post partum doula is for these breastfeeding families verses a lactation consultant. Know how to help their breastfeeding care plan once they have one from an IBCLC. . .
October 7th class has been cancelled. Look for more dates as they come available.
Saturday, January 6, 2018
Location: email or call to get location
Comments or questions are welcome.
$120.00 Pay Now to Hold Your Spot! And please fill out the contact form so if there are any changes I can call you. This is very important as changes happen last minute.