This class is especially designed for Doulas needing their DONA or other certification breastfeeding requirement. This is more than just a regular breastfeeding class but presented to doulas by a doula who is also an IBCLC in private practice. This class is also above basics and presented in a fun and engaging way for the birth professional.
- Proper latch and position techniques
- Why do women have sore nipples and how to over come that on day one.
- Discuss how birth practices interfere with breastfeeding and how to get through the rough periods.
- Know what is normal and what is not.
- What is fact or fiction
- Advice for how to help your clients after the delivery
- These classes are specifically arranged for expectant couples or for doulas needing a 3.0 hour lactation education course for DONA Doula certification. This class is specifically tailored for those seeking DONA certification, recertification as a birth or post partum doula and just need a refresher in basic breastfeeding. I have increased the time frame of this class due to past comments and feedback.
- For Those Who Register: You will receive a welcome registration letter within a few days after registering for this breastfeeding class. Currently, the class is held at my South Jordan home. Any questions, please contact the class instructor Julie Johnson at 801-608-8947.This class is non-refundable 4 days prior to class. You can transfer to another class
- For Parents: If you are expecting and needing this class for your own personal information, please contact me for a private class at my Murray office location at Family First Chiropractic for $85.00 or join us for the Doula Breastfeeding Class for $42.00. If Aetna is your insurance then there is no charge. It's not like your ordinary breastfeeding class. Come join in on the fun.
Get 4 plus hours of informative breastfeeding instruction taught by a trained and experienced doula, childbirth educator, Licensed Massage Therapist, Cranial Sacral Therapist and an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant, IBCLC. Included is a potluck dinner and networking with other doulas